Mission, Vision, and Values
The UIC DCC affirms and celebrates disability communities by exploring intersectional identities, developing disability culture, fostering a sense of belonging, and fighting for social justice.
Striving toward justice and liberation for people with disabilities on the UIC campus and beyond.
The UIC DCC seeks to create an environment that:
- Centers the perspectives and experiences of disabled people.
- Supports relationship-building in the context of disability culture.
- Explores disability identity development.
- Honors the diverse, intersectional nature of disability communities.
- Promotes activism and disability justice.
- Considers disability culture through interdisciplinary inquiry.
- Embraces the resources of our urban campus, connecting to Chicago’s cultural life, communities, and organizations.
- Strives for accessibility of all programming and communications.”